Monday, March 28, 2011

Castle with a mario twist

This week I have been very busy since I didn't have anything to do all weekend. I decided to put all of the wool that I have collected from hitting sheep to good use. So at first I tried enclosing the main room of my castle with it but I had white, gray, and black wool in varying amounts so it started to look dumb. So instead I decided to put some "mario style" into my castle and I made I bunch of different colored landing by dyeing the white wool different colors. You can get red and yellow dyes by putting flowers into your crafting box. Black, blue, green and white dyes our obtained respectfully by killing squid, mining blue blocks,smelting cacti, and crushing bone. If you mix certain combination of these you can get different colors like pink or light blue. I thought the hardest of the dyes to get was black because I found it hard to find squid but I found out that if you press "f" repeatedly while looking into the water it will change the fog settings rapidly and that makes the squid visible from land. I think you can also hit "f3"and it will put a number above every mobs head that you can see from land.
I also downloaded a "texture package" which makes all of the blocks look different. The above pictures shows the work that I did on the outside of my castle and you can kind of see the difference in the look of the blocks. All I had to do was google "minecraft texture pack", find one I liked on the first site, then save it under the folder that comes up when you click open texture pack folder in the menu of you minecraft window. I think you also need winrar to unzip it or something like that. Then the last thing I have to mention is that I heard that the new update is going to include wolves that you can tame and they will follow you around and protect you from evil mobs... so we got that to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment