Monday, February 21, 2011

Trip to the Nether

So i found out this week Notch, the creator of minecraft, included a region in minecraft that he called the Nether. This was part of his Halloween update. So i watched a video of someone going into the nether to find out how you get there. Turns out all you need to do is to mine 14 blocks of obsidian, the most durable block in the game, and make a 3x5 doorway and then light that on fire with some flint. To get obsidian you need a diamond pick ax which can be kinda difficult to obtain, but obsidian is a lot easier to find. All you need to do is pour water on some lava and it will turn it into obsidian. Once I made the doorway I got some supplies: torches, stone, an iron sword, and the flint i used to light the gateway, and headed on through. The picture above is what I came out into. The purple thing is my doorway. When I went though I had the game set on peacful which means that no harmful mobs will spawn, so I didnt see anything living. When I turned that setting to easy some white floating jelly fish looking things spawned and started shooting fire out of their mouths at me. Then I came across what seemed like some peaceful zombies but once i attacked then they came after me. Needless to say I soon died and spawned back in the real world.

1 comment: